The Purpose of this Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for controlling all access and security related functions at our new Boksburg premises.
Duties but not limited to the following:
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Ensuring that every person entering the premises gets scanned and checked as per COVID regulations.
- Permit only visitors who are authorized to enter the premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Estimates scope and cost of access control upgrade projects, in direct consultation with management.
- Selects and installs access security devices for facility, adapting current systems and protocols, within the parameters of existing policies.
- Advises management regarding technical options and strategies for maintaining and enhancing facility security.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Inspects outgoing traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of company property or products.
- Watch alarm systems or video cameras and report suspicious incidents.
- Ensure that employees do not carry in or carry out any forbidden articles or items.
- Ensure strict adherence to corporate security laws and regulations.
Qualifications and Level of Experience Required:
- Project management diploma (NQF5) or similar qualification.
- Some experience in security industry or law enforcement would be advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols.
- Candidate should have high standards of honesty & Integrity.
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation.
- Very high level of integrity and professionalism.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 14th October 2022.
Email: email@example.com Ref: GEE 10/22/08.
The Goscor Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful