The Purpose of this Position:
The appointed candidate will assign and direct all work performed in the branch and supervise all areas of operation. He/she will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper, and profitable, branch operation. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable the achievement of all metrics and budgets.
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution, operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales.
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities.
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans.
- Meet goals and metrics.
- Manage budgeting and the allocation of funds appropriately.
- Bring out the best in the branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation.
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
- Share knowledge with other branches and head office on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and operational best-practice.
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly.
- Adhere to high ethical standards and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company.
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration.
- Report on results at an Exco / Board level.
Qualifications and Level of Experience Required:
- 3 Years relevant tertiary qualification.
- At least two years of branch or business management experience.
- Knowledge of capital equipment sales and rental, including parts & service.
- Knowledge of Bobcat equipment.
- Knowledge of compressors an added advantage.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.)
- Proven knowledge of modern management techniques and best practises.
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals.
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations would be advantageous.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Results driven and customer focused.
- Leadership and the proven ability to manage a team.
- Knowledge of Autoline will be beneficial.
- Local travel (within SA and abroad) will be required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 18 August 2023.
Ref: GEE 08/23/51
The Goscor Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful