The Purpose of this Position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for distribution of warehouse deliveries and arrivals. Working in conjunction with all warehouse operational staff, to select, bundle and organize products from the warehouse.The candidate will prepare multiple orders timely and resourcefully throughout the working day.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
- Handle pick tickets/orders from warehouse management/staff to pull items from warehouse
- Physically pull warehouse items by the stated number, size, quantity, quality, are requirements.
- Compare and inspect physical items pulled to the requirements of the pick ticket/order.
- Pack/wrap orders as required by item/delivery type and prepare for shipments.
- Transport orders to staging area using the proper material handling equipment.
- Ensure that orders are staged correctly for each delivery.
- Operate any material handling equipment following established safety guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse.
- May assist in placing incoming items in inventory.
- Participate in conducting warehouse inventory counts as required.
Skills / Qualifications:
- 3 or more years’ experience coordinating shipments in a warehousing or distribution environment.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure, and within a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to handle detail-oriented work to insure proper items and quantities are picked to arrive at
customers in good condition.
- General fluency in English required, verbal and written.
- Agility to stand and walk for extended periods of time as a primary job responsibility.
- Capacity to lift and carry heavy items intermittently during a typical work shift.
- Observance to established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activity duties.
- Must be accurate in their work.
- Must have a forklift license.
- Having warehouse and Parts experience or knowledge would be an advantage.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday 16th of February 2024.
Ref: GEE 02/24/72
The Goscor Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful