The Purpose of this Position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the general operations of the warehouse and its staff.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
- Assisting and stepping in whenever the warehouse manager is unavailable.
- Organizing and maintaining inventory and storage area.
- Housekeeping, always ensuring a clean and organised warehouse.
- Responsible for servicing and maintaining the wave equipment, ensuring they are parked in allocated spot every day before locking up.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods.
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees.
- Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
- Coordinating and managing perpetual stock takes.
- Assisting with annual parts stock takes.
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments.
- Making sure Diesel voucher are invoiced on time.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum of a matric certificate.
- Preferably at least 5 years’ experience in warehouse environment.
- Highly effective supervisory skills and technique.
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data.
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
- Must be computer literate. (MS Office).
- Autoline will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 06 October 2023.
Ref: GEE 09/23/58
The Goscor Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful