The successful candidate will be providing technical and diagnostic expertise within the workshop & service department and in doing so, advise and direct technicians on best practice methodologies for machine checks, repairs, and servicing as per customer requirements.
- Managing and controlling the smooth process of all new units PDI’s.
- Attending weekly production meeting.
- Holding toolbox talks with service staff.
- Keeping senior management updated on the Workshop process.
- Providing instructions on carrying out diagnostic work and supporting technicians.
- Providing advice and support to technicians on technical matters as well as ensuring Technicians are completing the required training set out by our OEM.
- Carrying out fault diagnosis for speedy machine Pre-Delivery Inspections and servicing.
- Co-operating in machine care and safety whilst working on machines.
- SHEQ & ISO responsibilities for the service department as well as ensuring a clean and tidy environment.
- Ensuring machines are tested, returned to customer after-service in a neat and clean condition.
- Ensuring diagnosis leads to the most cost-effective and accurate remedy to the fault or customer complaint.
- Completing all necessary forms and documentation included in the company’s SOP’s.
- Custodian of all machine Service and Parts Manuals.
- Drafting and preparing any reports required.
- Addressing and coordinating subordinates’ training requirements and development.
- Ensuring effective communication with staff, across departments, customers, and service providers.
- Assisting with the control of service department expenditure and selection of service providers.
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a red seal earthmoving qualification.
- Valid Drivers licence.
- At least five years relevant post trade qualified experience or similar.
- Supervisory or management experience would be advantageous.
- Candidate must be computer literate (Outlook, Powerpoint,Excel and Word).
- Technical Aptitude.
- Must be able to communicate with staff & customers at all levels.
- Must adhere to all SHE requirements.
- Well-disciplined and self-motivated
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 01 September 2023.
Ref: GEE 08/23/54
The Goscor Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful